WHAT IS IT?
A global social media event bringing together wine lovers in the month of October to celebrate the noble Merlot varietal utilizing the hashtag #MerlotMe.
Building on the success of #CabernetDay, it is time for the noble
Merlot varietal to take the spotlight. Merlot is the third most popular varietal in on-premise wine lists for both BTB and BTG. With approximately 720,000 acres of Merlot planted worldwide, Merlot is one of the most widely planted varietals for fine wine. Past #CabernetDay events have reached over 4 million people
through social media channels.
Over 50 merlot producers from California, Oregon and Washington
HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE?
• Drink Merlot! And share with Friends.
• Use the hashtag #MerlotMe in social media posts all month long!
• Feature special Merlot-paired menu items in October
• Offer a tasting flight of Merlots by-the-glass
• Host a winemaker dinner with a Merlot producer
• Host an in-store tasting featuring several Merlots
• Create a special #MerlotMe section/display