By Duane Pemberton
I love grilling and to me, most everything I can think of, tastes better if it has some grill-time. Stone fruits tend to work very well because of the way their sugars carmalize under the extreme heat of an ultra-hot grill. This makes the perfect summertime mid-day snack or even a healthy dessert after dinner.
Here’s what I did for this dish:
- Use peaches, pears, nectarines, plums or any combination of them
- Brush lightly with canola oil
- Grill on a very hot grill (I let my Weber warm up for approx. 15 minutes until it reaches 800° F) for about 5-minutes or until well camalized.
- Drizzle with molasses and Crème Fraîche (if you don’t have Crème Fraîche, you can combine equal parts of sour cream and whipping cream in a small bowl).
- I also put a 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract – for better results, you can use whole vanilla bean.
- Sprinkle on finely chopped, fresh rosemary
- Off-dry Riesling