By Duane Pemberton
Pairs well with:
- Off-dry riesling
- 1 tablespoon of bacon fat
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 medium-sized fuji apples, chopped
- Curry seasoning (found in your grocers spice isle)
- Kosher salt
- Fresh-ground pepper
- 3-4 fresh zucchini
- 1-package of rice noodles
- 1-can of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of curry paste (red or yellow)
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2-cup of a quality peanut butterOptional but preferred toppings:
- Chopped peanuts
- 1/2 handful of chopped, fresh basil (Thai basil preferred)
Preheat grill on high heat for 15 minutes and then start to prepare rice noodles per package instructions. While those are getting ready, season the chicken with the salt, pepper and curry seasoning and place in a cast-iron skillet with the tablespoon of bacon fat. Cook until they reach an internal temperature of 160° degrees.
Pull chicken, place under aluminum foil and let rest for 10-minutes. While their resting, sautee the chopped apple in the pan-drippings until tender.
In a separate pan, empty the 1-can of coconut milk – add the peanut butter, brown sugar, fish sauce and curry paste over medium-high heat, bring to a slow simmer.
After your grill reaches “high heat” – grill the zucchini until tender – approximately 2-minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper.