By Duane Pemberton
For this recipe, I took four skinless, boneless chicken breasts and marinated them, then served them over my own spanish-style rice with a side of grilled zucchini.
- 2 Cups olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons of fresh-ground black pepper
- 4 chipotle peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
- 4 cloves of garlic
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 bunch of cilantro
Roast the bell peppers in the oven, on a gas cooktop or on your outdoor grill until charred all over. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic-wrap and let rest for 20 minutes – after that time is up, take a paper towel and wipe off the charred skin.
Combine all the ingredients into a blender and blend on high for approx. 90-seconds, set aside.
In a freezer bag, combine the 4 chicken breasts and marinade and allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour – 3-6 hours would be idea.
Grill on medium heat until 160°.
- 2 cups of rice (I used brown)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-can of quality chopped tomatoes (or 4-5 fresh Roma tomatoes chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of coriander