By Duane Pemberton
For this dish I took some chicken thighs and legs, marinated them (recipe to follow) for almost 2 hours (overnight would be ideal) and served it with spanish-style rice.
– 2-3lb of chicken thighs/legs
- 2-4 tablespoons of canned chipotle peppers (or to heat-preference)
- 2 tablespoons of koshar salt
- 2 tablespoons of ground pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 handful of rough-chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon of tapatio sauce
- juice from 2 limes (lemons can be substituded)
- 2 tablespoons of cumin
Mix all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- 1 cups of brown rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of koshar salt
- 1 cup of onion
- 1 cup of fresh or canned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
In a medium sauce-pan, heat-up 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sautee the onions until tender. Add in the rice and cook for approximately for 2-minutes. Add the water (or chicken stock), tomatoes, salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin.