Inasmuch as it might pain some wine drinkers out there who’ve had their fill of Chardonnay’s over the years – the reality is that this grape is going to be around for a long-time. It’s about as iconic to the wine industry as any grape could ever be and it’s still used to make some of the world’s finest sparkling wines.
- Appellation: Arroyo Seco AVA: Monterey, California
- Varietal: 100% Chardonnay
- Vineyard: 100% Estate Ventana Vineyard
- Barrel Selection: French Oak
- Total Acidity .64 g/ 100ml
- pH 3.54
- Alcohol 13.5%
- Suggested Retail: $18.00 per bottle
Taste: Excellent minerality backed up with the green apple and a bit of honeysuckle, pineapple and pear. Shard acidity across the mid to back palate. This wine has really good finish that lingers nicely.
Winery website: www.ventanawines.com